Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

May Design Team

#1

For May's Design Team Project at The Scrapbooking Studio was this cute Doodlebug Paper!
I immediately thought of my beautiful girl. These beautiful fun bright color and cute designs are my girl all the way! I wanted to challenge myself to use more of the papers to make designs instead of embellishments or "making" stuff (although I did use quite a few adorable embellishments!). 

So I picked the large polka dot pattern and the stripe and small floral pattern to accent. I used the pink polka dot paper as my background and the yellow floral as a "neutral".

I went with straight edges and cuts and just kept layering. Then used a border punch on the stripe to give it some texture. I added popped up embellishments and a journal tag. 


#2
I have lots of extra pictures of waterfalls from my trip to Hawaii several years ago. I thought it would be really pretty on these colors and I was right! I love how the green pops off the page!

I picked the background page and then used the pink polka dot to backdrop the picture. I knew the pink was a good accent for the green. I did the border punch on the bottom of the top strip and the top of the bottom edge. I added a journal tag, some embellishments and some Petaloo flowers. I used a newTim Holtz  twine in dark green, cut green triangles from two different green papers and made a flag. I then added matching decorative tape across the pink strip to jazz it up a little. 


No comments:

Post a Comment