Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Thursday, September 19, 2013


Amy from The Scrapbooking Studio  had shown me a picture of a backpack album. When I saw this Simple Stories “Smarty Pants” paper, I immediately remembered this.

I drew the front of the backpack freehand. I cut black cardstock and some cardboard for the pages in the shape of the backpack.

I decorated the front to look like the backpack with a front pocket and flap. The pocket and flap are cut out of cardboard also.


Did you notice the “papers” sticking out of the top of the backpack? I designed each page to have a couple of papers attached to the top so it looks like school papers sticking out of the backpack.

I planned the inside to be an album remembering a year of school. I used the papers included in the collection to plan the pages. 





I used the brad and sticker embellishments included in the collection on several pages. I also inked the edges of all the pages and details in  Tim Holtz's   Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink Pad.



On the back I attached a thick black grosgrain ribbon to the rings of the album, so it would look like a strap.


Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment