Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom

I found old slides my grandpa had and made a dvd so I could make prints.
I decided to pick some prints of my mom as a girl and make her a birthday book.
She cried.......

I guess she liked it! I went with a blue and yellow theme. Two of my mom's favorite colors. I used old papers that were in the same blue and yellow tones--- but I only know what a few of the companies! I used papers left over from several different paper lines.......
some Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, BoBunny......


I covered the front in the top corner with the yellow gingham. Then tore the blue and covered the bottom right and top left corners. The buttons are BoBunny chipboard embellishments. I made the roses and greenery from Tim Holtz die cuts.

The ribbon is stained with yellow, blue and a little green...... and some lacy self-stick ribbon.....
Her name is cut from Tim Holtz die cut... typewriter font.




I sprayed some white prima flowers with Dylusions lemon yellow and used them throughout the book. I used some yellow self-stick lacy ribbon, blue rhinestones, yellow button, more BoBunny buttons and a Tim Holtz file folder clip. I also used a Tim Holtz flourish stamp in Broken China.

 

I have a Prima doily die cut. It is only partially cut out. All the center cuts didn't come out and I left them in. I liked it this way. The big yellow flower is a Tim Holtz die cut flower with a Prima button in the middle. The C is a wood block C from Tim Holtz paper stash. I cut it out and used Glossy Accents to add a Tim Holtz fragment. Then a Basic Grey button.


I used October Afternoon Birthday embellishments on this page.
I used the Deco Cropper to cut all the corners.



I wanted it finished to give to her. I am going to make journal cards for her to make comments on each page which I will stick between each page. I wanted to emphasize the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment