Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Oh I love This Tag!

I took the Tag class at The Scrapbooking Studio last weekend with Tammy Tutterow! Wow! it was so much fun and I learned a lot! I was sitting next to my friend Tamara, and we kept saying-- Why didn't I think of that! She just had so many fun twists on so many basic things we already knew!

Loved it! I will share lots, but I had to share my favorite tag-- although it is hard to pick!


 I really added a lot more green than everyone else did-- since it is my favorite color!

We "wiped" not painted a white wash of Picket Fence distress paint over the tag. Then we "swiped" Chipped Glass distress stain and alternated with Peeled Paint distress. We dried between layers. Some added more- some added less. I went with more green than blue.

Then we "rolled" a script stamp over the tag. Not stamping-- just adding some background. It was a Hero Arts Stamp, but I think Tammy said they don't make it anymore-- but there are similar ones out there.

Then we embossed the edges. It was a Sizzix- but I'm not sure of the name of the folder. Then we sanded over the embossing to take off some paint and bring out the embossing.

She had some old lace and some new Tim Holtz ribbon which we attached with the tiny attacher. Then we inked some ledger paper and added a word.

We had painted the ornate frame with Picket Fence before we did anything else and let it dry and cool! I sanded it a little and added some Vintage Photo distress. I popped it over the ledger paper and glued the whole thing down.

LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment