Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Friday, April 25, 2014

Style!


For my daughter's birthday, I made her this little "Style" album. She is majoring in Fashion Merchandise. I thought she would like this Graphic 45 Couture paper and an album to keep photos, ideas, and scraps of paper more organized. I got everything I used at The Scrapbooking Studio.

I started with  6x6 black chipboard. I did the cover last! I knew it would be loaded and wanted to do the other side before I had a "bumpy" front.

I totally forgot to take a picture of my binding! Oops!
I used my own binding- the 1/4", 1/2", 1/2" scoring and then gluing the 1/2" pieces to each other. I added black cardstock folded  in half to make pockets on top. You can see a few elements sticking out of the top.

Then I chose various journaling/decorative cards from the paper line. I would pick complementary 
colors (usually the Plain stuff --as if G45 is plain!) and cover the cardstock. I cut all that paper at 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 so I would have a small black border all around. I added different complementary paper (usually patterned papers) to the other side adding a pocket below. Later I add different embellishments and cut out elements to both pagers. I stuck journaling cards, elements and some of the "pockets" that come with the paper line into the bottom pocket and inside the page pockets.









These two pages are part  of a three page spread I added. I made an extra pocket and added to my page. Scored and folded it in. The 5 matching "cards" that came in the line were so beautiful I wanted to keep them altogether. I really love how this page turned out with the sewing pattern background pages and the contrasting Classy, Lovely, Stylish, Gorgeous ladies went together so beautifully!


This page I reversed for fun!



The Back!






No comments:

Post a Comment