Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Spellbound Clock

Here is a clock I made with G45 Spellbound paper for The Scrapbooking Studio
First I covered it in gesso. I kind of lumped it on so it would be textured.




Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the sides when I was done spraying so this is a finished picture and you can see some colors. I randomly sprayed Dyan Reavley's Dyelusions in black and the turquoise color to match the paper. I got a little orange in too, but it's subtle. 

I started with this for the back of the clock. Gear paper and cut a large clock piece and popped up two gears on the page.

Then I added a Tim Holtz die cut clock on top of this. I embossed it black. I cut out a skeleton card and wrinkle, ripped and inked it up. I add a quote card and glued it together. 



 I die cut out Tim Holtz's movers and shaper gears. I embossed them orange, black and a verdigris antique-y (is that a word?) turquoise color that looks old and rusted. I just left them loose to roll around in the clock.


Then I added the Tim Holtz Boo from orange paper which I embossed clear on orange- but rubbed off some of the embossing powder before I heat set it. Then I inked those spots black. It looks really rough. (love it) I added a black Tim Holtz die cut bat.
I also used some of the G45 die cut flags and made a banner across the front. I fussy cut the cat, flowers and gear. I popped up the centers of the flowers by cutting just the centers out of another flower. Then glued those all to the front.


Up close so you can see the inside. You can also see I put Tim Holtz's Glossy Accents on just the cat's eyes so they would "glow".









So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment