Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Birthday Boy Tag for a Genius

My son is a science nerd. 
He is planning on engineering. He loves chemistry and physics.
I saw some hearts made from gears on Pinterest.
So I whipped up this tag for his birthday.

I cut out a bunch of Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers gears. I painted them with Distress Paint. I used gold, silver and pumice. I then inked Walnut Distress over and around the edges. I cut a rough heart shape from some extra manila and used that as the base.
 I layered my gears, some circles and metal gears and circles. 

I cut a tag from the Tim Holtz Thinlits. I cut out the periodic table from the Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper. I ripped a piece of poison advertising paper too. I glued on all that on the tag and inked the edges with Walnut. I embossed Happy Birthday in some copper embossing powder.

I glued on the heart and added a twill ribbon.

He liked it. Just smiled and said thanks. 
(That's a huge compliment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment