Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Birthday Boy idea......



My --soon to be 16-- son is SO hard to get birthday presents for! He only wants REALLY expensive items..... anyone else have this problem?
Anyway, my son has always wanted to learn to ski... (my husband's favorite sport) but when he hit a good age to learn to ski (meaning we had skis and boots that fit) he had spinal surgery.

Discussing ideas for this year, my husband was lamenting not being able to ski this year. He suggested maybe driving out to Colorado catching "end of the season" price deals for a long weekend and taking him along. I said "Why not?"

So... then I was trying to think how to "wrap" this as a gift.

I made this.



I cut a Tim Holtz ticket strip and stamped a couple different Tim Holtz ticket stamps. I used the date one and circled his birthday. I made a who, what, where ticket for his driver's license. A Free Ski Lessons ticket and a free trip to Colorado ticket.

The kicker (which I didn't get a picture of because it wouldn't all fit) is the last ticket.

It says
"GOOD ONLY IF DAD DOESN'T HAVE JURY DUTY"

We planned all this, and then my husband got the dreaded jury duty letter. So he has to call Friday to see if he has to come on Monday. If he doesn't, they leave! If he does........ I guess the ticket will be good for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment