Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Manly Valentine

I needed to make a Manly Valentine for a VERY creative family friend. He is an artist and super creative- so I pulled out all the stops. I really like how it turned out!

I started with a tag I die cut from Tim Holtz's Tag and Die. I inked it Fired Brick-- but you can't really see that anymore anyway!! :)


Then I started piling stuff on! I got the idea for the gear head guy because my friend does a lot of drawings with people who have "interesting" heads. So I used one of Tim Holtz's people pictures from his paper stash and cut gears from the Movers & Shakers die. I cut a piece of paper lace and embossed it with some random "verdigris" embossing powder I got from someone. It turned out awesome, but you can only see the tip of it at the bottom! It goes the length of the card!
I also cut a 14, ruler paper and clock from Tim's paper stash and stamped a ticket from Tim's Ticket stamp set.  I put Glossy Accents on the clock- but kind of "messy" and then inked it when it was dry so it looked "used". I used a metal tag and banged it up. I had a heart cut out and embossed it with Tim's Valentine embossing card. I put Glossy Accents on that and then "broke" it and inked it when that was dry.




Then I started layering! I also added a torn piece of twill behind the metal tag and an extra gear tucked under the picture. I inked some seam binding in Fired Brick and Vintage Photo and added a trinket to it. I attached the 14 with a binder clip.

I got everything for this project from The Scrapbooking Studio.

1 comment: