Green Green and more Green

Green Green and more Green

Thursday, February 20, 2014

My "File Folder"

I was cleaning out my purse-- I had an abundant accumulation of papers. I threw some away, but most I needed to keep for one reason or another. But it was making my wallet a mess. So I decided to make a tiny book of "file folders" so I could organize all of it and hopefully find it when needed!

I started with kraft paper that I cut into "files" with Tim Holtz's On the Edge file die.
I folded each page in half to make a pocket. Then I made a binding (the 1/2" , 1/4" ,1/4" type- score, fold and tape the middle section of each piece to itself to make a "flap") and adhered each pocket to a flap of the binding making sure the file tabs went every other direction. 
Here is a close-up of the binding with a small piece of kraft paper wrapped from front to back to cover the binding and help the book to fold closed and not be so "puffy".


Then I decorated the front and each page inside with a piece of Graphic 45 paper (Twelve Days of Christmas actually! I love the roses!) Then I wrote what I wanted in each pocket on the tabs.



I decided to put my hand here to give some perspective. It looked big in the picture, but as you can see it's not! I have a large purse but this will easily fit in some of my smaller purses. If I were to do it again, I would make it slightly deeper and longer- but not much. I didn't want it to be too big, but a few papers I had to fold twice to fit. 

Taaa Daaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment